In honor of the upcoming Superbowl, and because I haven’t posted a dessert since before Christmas, here’s something for your sweet tooth. Speaking of the Superbowl, might I also suggest these recipes: home-made salsa, chipotle spiced nuts, and chorizo-filled phyllo shells.
Start by microwaving a mix of unsweetened chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips on 50% power until shiny and melting. Stir to melt, then stir in softened butter.
Stir in some brown sugar, making sure it’s smooth and there are no brown sugar lumps.
Add in 5 eggs, and mix thoroughly.
Next, mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl then add to chocolate mixture.
Mix in vanilla (it’s a simple equation: if chocolate, then vanilla!), and peppermint schnapps for some mint flavor. You can also use mint extract, but I always tend to have the booze sort around. Mix in thoroughly, then scoop into buttered mini muffin tins.
Bake for 10 minutes, and top with fresh whipped cream.
Mini Mint Chocolate Brownies
Makes 2 dozen
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened, plus extra for buttering muffin tins
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp peppermint schnapps
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt chocolate and chocolate chips in microwave on 50% power until shiny and starting to melt. Stir until melted.
- Mix butter into melted chocolate.
- Stir brown sugar into chocolate until smooth, making sure there are no brown sugar lumps.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt, then add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add in vanilla and schnapps, stirring thoroughly.
- Scoop into buttered mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes.