With all the cold, rainy weather we’re having lately I had a craving for a nice apple crisp of some kind. Cranberries sounded like a nice tart addition, so I decided on those as well. So I found a good basic recipe via Taste of Home, and tweaked it to be individual ramekins. Plus, I added vanilla, because… well, vanilla!
Start by slicing a bunch of apples and add in some cranberries.
Add in some sugar, flour, vanilla, and a bit of orange or lemon zest if you happen to have some laying around (I used orange).
Put into buttered ramekins, then top with a mixture of oats, flour, sugar, melted butter, and chopped nuts of really any kind. We used walnuts.
Bake at 350°F for a half an hour.
Apple Cranberry Crisp
adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cranberry-Apple-Crisp
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange or lemon zest (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Combine apples, cranberries, vanilla, sugar and flour. Pour into greased ramekins. In a bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 6 servings.